Safety Truck is an initiative run by the Australian Trucking Association that provides the community with road safety education and promotes a positive industry image.
This mobile education centre helps bridge the trucking community with the greater Australian community at safety education programs, trucking industry led events and community events.
One of the most important aspects of Safety Truck is teaching young Australians how to interact safely with trucks. They target teenagers who are just about to get their license and younger children on safety issues.
Truckies Top Tips provides new and old motorists with advice about how to share the road with trucks.
Take a look at some key points:
- Avoid Blind Spots so that Truckies no you’re there
- Don’t cut in as trucks need twice as much room to brake as a car
- Don’t overtake turning trucks as they need more room
- Overtake trucks with care
- Maintain car speed whilst being overtaken by a truck
Safety Truck hopes that through this initiative it can make everyone safer out on Australia’s roads.